Following is an overview of the different ways to send messages in Team Snap. For the best results using Team Snap, please accept "notifications" (under the "more" tab in My Preferences.
- Messages are sent in real-time
- Everyone can see the messages
- You can reply to Team Chat messages as you would in a conversation
- Available in the app format only. It's not available in the web/browser format of Team Snap.
- You can reply to a Post by using the arrow in the top right corner
- Post messages are available to everyone
- We will use Posts for larger messages that don't require real-time dispersal.
- Are very similar to emails sent and received through your mail provider
- You can't reply to an email in Team Snap without sending a new email
- We will use Emails for messages that aren't urgent
- The benefit to using a Team Snap email is that the recipient receives an alert to indicate an email is waiting to be read.
- This is the most useful form of messaging for our needs
- You can't reply to an Alert without sending a new Alert
- Alerts are sent in real-time
- Alerts can be sent to a specific person, a group or to everyone
- We will use Alerts to send urgent messages, e.g., ride cancellations or messages that you want the person to receive right away, e.g., ride changes, availability changes, etc.
For technical questions, please contact D'Arcy at 705-772-8425 or through Team Snap.